Insurance Coverage Matters
Disputes over insurance coverage are more than mere contract claims. Policies are complex and often confusing contracts that are further affected by arcane statutory schemes and judicially created rules of interpretation.
The insurance team at Ascendant represents corporate, municipal, and individual policyholders in disputes with their insurers in both the first-party and third-party context. We have represented clients in coverage matters in multiple states and both state and federal jurisdictions.
Insurance Coverage Litigation and Disputes
Our experience spans all types of insurance coverage and disputes including:
- Environmental cleanup and “toxic tort” liability
- Asbestos and silicosis exposures
- Directors and officers and fiduciary liability insurance
- Disability insurance
- Universal life insurance
- Business interruption insurance
- Product liability insurance
- Professional errors and omissions (malpractice) liability
- Property insurance, including arbitration/reference proceedings
- Construction defects and defective building materials